Day 8: A sad day

We left Las Cuevas today. I wasn’t ready to this place. I spent the morning talking to Lauren the grad student and Bill the professor from the University of Florida, asking them about the equipment that they use and brainstorming ideas to improve the technology. I’ve decided that I’m going to ask my academic advisor if I can work with them as for a senior design project. Maybe I’ll be lucky enough to see this place again. Our transportation was really, really late. So that gave us an extra couple of hours at the station.

We spent most of the day on the road in the bus. Today was probably one of the least exciting days. Because the bus driver was so late we didn’t get to visit the ATM caves. I’m slightly disappointed, everyone seems to think it’s an awesome visit.

In the afternoon, we arrived at the Belize Zoo lodge and had dinner. After dark we got a special night tour of the zoo. We saw all of their nocturnal animals including: a Black Jaguar, a Spotted Jaguar, an Ocelot, a Margay, some owls and crocs, and a Tapir. The zoo tour was a lot more exciting than I was expecting. I can’t remember the last time I went the a zoo to see animals.

-Randy