Are we almost there yet?

I’ve been telling my friends all about EBIO 319 and I can’t believe its almost here. In Belize, I’m expecting to see some cool birds in the rainforest. I went to Borneo with my father and brother two years ago. We hiked through the rainforest and climbed up an observation deck to look at birds. I was really excited to see a rhinoceros hornbill bird or any other tropical bird, but I didn’t get to see anything. We waited for half an hour for birds, but nothing happened. It was very disappointing so I hope that won’t happen this time! I’ve spent a lot of time working on the presentations and reading the chapters, so I think I’m pretty prepared on the academic side of things. In terms of mental preparation, I’ve prepared myself to smell like a middle school boy after P.E and be really sweaty, smelly, and sticky. I’ll try my best to keep the complaining at a minimum. I spent 7 years in Singapore so I should be pretty used to being gross and sweaty. I’m very excited to be able to just immerse myself in nature and being able to gain a new appreciation for the various types of insects and fish. I start an internship the morning after I come back from Belize, so I hope to be able to just enjoy this course and get the most out of the experience.