5/30: I Never Thought I Wouldn’t Miss Air Conditioning

My last 5am wake-up was today, although we didn’t see many birds in this time. After our breakfast at 6:30, we got ready to leave. As our van arrived to take us to the airport, a trio of scarlet macaws flew by to bid us farewell. We loaded up the van and promptly fell asleep as we got underway.

We stopped at a gift shop along the way, where I got rid of all my Belizean currency by spending it on hot sauce. We drove for a little longer and went to a restaurant for lunch, where we were given a large spending cap that some of us (Alessi) utilized to the fullest by ordering tons of food. We drove for another hour and then had reached the airport.

Going through security and customs in Belize was a breeze, and the fact that Sarah G. and Ellie got randomly selected meant they boarded the plane first and saved us a few rows of seats. We spent the plane ride doing crossword puzzles and chatting. Thankfully, I didn’t see any members of my taxon group today, or else there would have been snakes on the plane.