Day 5: Sleeping Beauty

Today I woke up at 5:30a.m. to see birds so go me! During the whole hike to retrieve our pitfall traps, it was very cool, and I don’t think I was even sweating during that trip. At lunch today, we had a delicious soup that was full of vegetables and chicken but was very hot! I don’t think I was sweating as much as I did today eating that soup, but it was worth every bite.

Along the hike to retrieve our pitfall trap, I saw bromeliads, lianas, lichens, strangler figs, long roots along trees, and mosses. The lianas that I saw today were called the monkey ladder, in which it looked like a latter, and it stretched the length of the tree. Once again, I saw lichens the whole trip, large bromeliads, and two strangler figs. These plants are just everywhere and everywhere I turn my head, I see epiphytes looking at me.

The frog that was sleeping on leaf was such a thing of beauty. Scott disturbed the sleeping frog by picking him up. I wanted to hole him but I had sunscreen on my hands earlier so I couldn’t hold him. The black-eyed leaf frog then went back to the leaf and we got to see this guy stretch out and it was amazing. He stretched from Scott’s hand to the leaf and it was like a few couple inches!

After the retrieval of I hung out with Keagan and Brendan and we talked about many different things (mostly them telling me lies since I am so gullible). We played ultimate tic-tac-toe and that was fun and just something to kill sometime. Listening to Brendan telling jokes while I was trying to concentrate made the game so memorable. Brendan is seriously funny, and he can really sing his heart out. That does it for today’s blog, catch you guys tomorrow.

Picture: “Sleeping beauty” i.e the morelet’s tree frog