Day 15: Not goodbye, see you later

As the dock grew smaller and smaller as we made our way toward Belize city, I took in the view one last time and said my goodbyes to the sand flies. I took a picture of the amazing view for memories and wow I will miss waking up to this. WOW, my mother’s reaction to my legs were just jaw dropping. Literally. She looked, jaw dropped, and she just laughed.

Before heading out to the airport, I got a last quick taste of Belize with a soup sop juice I ordered at the hotel. We had so much down time at the airport that I just like looked around for stuff and mainly hung out with the gang for the last time. I slept most of the ride, and as soon as we landed, we all said bye to Brendan, Pierce, and Anna, which then lead to all goodbyes at Rice *cries*.

Nothing like getting back and going on a quick target run for ointment for the many bug bites accumulated during this trip to only have many people stare at you as you walk down the aisle. When I asked an employee for which ointment, he looked at me as if I had some virus and told me I should go see a doctor. Thriving right now guys.

Wow, it is really over. Goodbyes were said and now, all I can think about is the food, Brendan and Keegan lying to me all the time, and all the great stories Kaela shared with the group. Memories like this I will always remember and just keep with me. I hope you enjoyed my journey through Belize, and hey, I came out alive!

Left pic: View of morning sky from Glover’s. Right: Last taste of Belize from the soup sop juice.